Sunday, November 16, 2008

Singapore Mandai Orchid Garden - macro photography

Hello and as always thanks for coming to look at my blog.

We have just returned from a wonderful 2 weeks in Brisbane, Australia.

I have lots of photos to show you!

While I am sorting out the best, I thought I'd post some photos from a few weeks ago taken at the Mandai Orchid gardens here in Singapore. It is my first attempt at the art of macro photography. My good friend and fellow photographer Andy lent me a 105mm f/2.8 Nikon lens to have a play and the photos here are the best. There were some pretty disastrous attempts but these I feel are passable enough to show you. I really got caught up with trying to get the ultimate shot of a dragonfly!

I am now saving up for a macro lens of my own!

At the end I took some shots of flowers to relax. Apart from the first one the others are orchids, the national flower of Singapore.

I'll be back shortly with the first set of photos from Australia.

Alan










































































































































































No comments: